Sr. Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Software engineer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
You will be working alongside a team of highly motivated software engineers and project managers. You will be part of our teams working in Denmark, Vietnam, Pakistan & USA.
- Work within a cross-functional team on a product or platform to define, design, and ship new features.
- Build applications and platforms mainly using PHP 7+ and experience in other Major Backend languages like Java NodeJs is a huge plus
- Architect and build advanced applications using PHP using the latest software design patterns, architecture and more.
- Build APIs for front-end or mobile applications using secure, scalable backend code
- Work directly with product owners, managers, and clients on the product vision and new features
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Best coding practices including but not limited to TDD BDD Static code analysis, Unit and Integration testing.
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ Years of experience in PHP Development
- Experience with Laravel or any other advanced PHP framework like CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc. is a must
- Advance experience and understanding of development in REST API’s
- Excellent understanding of Git process flow and usage of Git.
- Flexible skills to be able to learn new technologies quickly and easily migrate between different PHP and Non-PHP based technologies.
- Must show excellent quality from day one, and ability to test own code using the correct logic.
- Good command of English, and the ability to read and write documentation well
- Works well under pressure
- Familiarity with Linux Operating System and Command Line Interface